Skateboarding has come a long way since its inception in the late 1950s, and has since become a global phenomenon that is loved by millions of people. With the rise in popularity of skateboarding, skateparks have become an essential part of the sport, providing skateboarders with a safe space to practice and hone their skills. In this article, we will take a look at some of the most famous skateparks in the world.
- Burnside Skatepark, Portland, Oregon Burnside Skatepark is one of the most iconic skateparks in the world. Built by skateboarders in 1990, this park is made up of concrete bowls, vert walls, and street obstacles, and has become a mecca for skateboarders from around the world. Burnside Skatepark is known for its DIY ethos, and its gritty, raw style is a reflection of the skateboarders who built it.
- The Berrics, Los Angeles, California The Berrics is a private skatepark located in Los Angeles, California. Built by professional skateboarders Steve Berra and Eric Koston, The Berrics is known for its smooth surfaces, perfect transitions, and endless lines. The park is also famous for its online video series, which features some of the best skateboarders in the world competing in various challenges.
- Kona Skatepark, Jacksonville, Florida Kona Skatepark is one of the oldest skateparks in the world, and has been providing skateboarders with a place to skate since 1977. The park features a mix of concrete and wooden obstacles, including bowls, vert ramps, and street features. Kona Skatepark has a rich history and has hosted some of the most legendary skateboarding events of all time.
- Skatepark of Tampa, Tampa, Florida Skatepark of Tampa is another famous skatepark located in Florida. The park is known for its annual Tampa Pro contest, which attracts some of the best skateboarders in the world. The park features a mix of concrete and wooden obstacles, including a massive vert ramp and a street course that is constantly being updated and redesigned.
- Vans Skatepark, Orange, California Vans Skatepark is a massive indoor skatepark that is owned and operated by the Vans shoe company. The park features a variety of obstacles, including a massive vert ramp, a full street course, and a bowl section. Vans Skatepark is also known for hosting some of the biggest skateboarding events in the world, including the Vans Park Series.
- Woodward Skatepark, Pennsylvania, USA Woodward Skatepark is a legendary skatepark that has been providing skateboarders with a place to skate since 1970. The park features a massive indoor complex that includes multiple skateparks, foam pits, and trampolines. Woodward Skatepark is also home to some of the best skateboarders in the world, who come to the park to train and compete.
- Marseille Skatepark, France Marseille Skatepark is one of the most famous skateparks in Europe. The park was built in 1991 and features a massive concrete bowl that has become a landmark for skateboarders around the world. Marseille Skatepark has hosted numerous skateboarding events, including the legendary Bowlriders contest.
- Bondi Skatepark, Australia Bondi Skatepark is a world-famous skatepark located on the beach in Sydney, Australia. The park features a massive concrete bowl, a vert ramp, and a street course that is constantly being updated and redesigned. Bondi Skatepark is also known for hosting some of the biggest skateboarding events in Australia, including the annual Bowl-A-Rama contest.
In conclusion, skateparks have become an essential part of the skateboarding world and some have gained some incredible reputations.
One thought on “What are the most famous skateparks in the world?”